[post_views post_types=”post,page” icon_or_phrase=”Views:”]
Proverbs 11: 3. “The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them.”
Profession can be defined as-
- A calling requiring specialized knowledge and often with an intensive academic preparation
- A principal calling, vocation, or employment
- The whole body of persons engaged in a calling
- Therefore, Theology is a profession with a Divine call.
Integrity can also be defined as
- The ability to carry out professional activities in an honest, professional and ethical manner.
- It is a state of trust and fairness in all dealings in your profession with a sincere heart.
- Integrity means you are true to yourself and would do nothing that demeans or dishonors you and your profession
Note-: Integrity is not conferred upon but it is built and established.
Therefore, The integrity of the Theological profession is a responsibility
We are in the times and season where little or no respect is given to Christian leaders because of the acts of some Christian leaders in the society today. These acts have become burdens and embarrassments to the Church which is the body of Christ.
The standards and the quality of integrity which should be imbibed as Theologians and Christian Leaders can only be found in the word of God.
Him who called us instructed in the book of Matt 7:13-14 saying
“Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.”
What are we to do as Theologians and Christian Leaders
1. Go through the Narrow way – Which consists in
- Discipline – When we chose to be disciplined our profession either as a Theologian or Christian Leader will be respected Paul says in 1 Corinthians 9: 27. ” But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.”
- Holiness: 1 Peter 1: 15. “But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; 16. Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
- Submission ; We are responsible and accountable for our call: consider the parable of the talents, the stewards gave account. We are all going to give an account of our call. John 15: 16b. Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit… “
- Obedience: Romans 1: 5.” By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:”
- Love – 1 John 4: 20. If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
2. Depart from the Broad way – The broad way consists in
- Indiscipline: The indiscipline of king Saul made him lose the integrity of his kingship. He left his responsibility and was pursuing David all about. What are you pursuing about that is rubbing insult on your profession.
- Selfishness: If you are not Christ – centered then you will be self-centered. If christ is not the center of your life then you will be the center of your own life. Then you will do according to your will, your desires and your wants.
- Pleasures and cares of the world: 1 John 2: 15.” Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.”
- Disobedience : The disobedience of king Saul cost him rejection and the mercy of God – 2 Sam 7:15. God took his mercy away from Saul.
3. Practice your profession with the fear of God – Let us have the fear of the Lord
Job 28: 28. ” And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.”
We are not babes in Christ still fed with milk, let’s start eating meat and even chewing bones.
God is love and God is a consuming fire. It is better to experience His Love than to experience His wrath
Jeremiah 10: 10 – ” But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.”
Study the book of Revelation and understand the wine of the wrath of God upon the disobedient
Revelation 6: 16-17 “And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: 17. For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?”
Are you a Theologian, theological student or perhaps a Christian Leader, know that you have a divine call, chose today to walk in the standard of God. Let us build, restore and keep the integrity of our profession
Would love to read your view and contributions. God bless
- Thank you for your call upon me as a Theologian and a Christian Leader.
- Thank you Jesus for the privilege upon me to lead and show your people your way.
- Help me to build the integrity of my profession and not work against it
- Help me Lord to uphold and continue in your standard in the name of Jesus
- Thank you for your grace upon my life and profession in Jesus mighty name. Amen.