[post_views post_types=”post,page” icon_or_phrase=”Views:”]
John 19: 28. “After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.”
We serve the God who cares so much about us, more than we can imagine or fathom. He is not a God that stands aloof from his creations, especially His own children. He cares so much that He desires to be involved in every aspect of man’s life and destiny. He showed His love and care right even before the fall of man into sin and he never stopped to care for man; even when man was right in the state of sin. To care is his nature and he cannot be anything less no matter the situation or circumstances
All the definitions of this world are so shallow and all pales besides the kind of care that the Lord Jesus has expressed, is expressing and continues to express to man. Psalm 8: 3-6. “When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:”
What Jesus Accomplished – John 19: 28. “After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.”
1.With His atoning blood Jesus paid the penalty and the price that we could never have been able to pay by ourselves because of His love and care for us.
2. He came to fulfill all the predictions given by the prophets Hebrews 10: 6 – 9. “In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure. Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.”
3. By becoming the great sacrifice he fulfilled the ceremonial law. – Unlike the literal lamb that was taking against its will to be slaughtered, Jesus willingly surrendered himself as the lamb of God to be slaughtered for you and I – John 1:29, and 10:17-18
4. By perfect obedience he fulfilled the moral law
5. He fulfilled all the shadows of the Old Testament – Hebrews 8: 5. “Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.”
6. By His death, Christ has opened up the way into the presence of God. We now have access to the throne by the way of the blood – Matt 27:51, Heb 4:16,.
7. He made us who were condemned become worthy to be his brothers and joint heirs in everything that is his. This is could only be from a heart that cares. Titus 3: 7. “That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.”
Jesus Cares He never stopped caring even after he had accomplished and fulfilled the laws. – He continues to help and be with us because he cares.
Presently, he stands as our advocate and our great high priest – 1 John 2: 1. “My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:” Hebrews 4: 15. “For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin” .
We can believe and Trust in His love and care because He is in control and He is a righteous God. – No matter what is happening, Jesus is in control because he cares for his own.
No matter the negative reactions we may have to physical & emotional struggles, keep your confidence strong in God. Never doubt His love and care for you Isaiah 26: 3. “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.”
He cares so much that he won’t give us what would be harmful to us.
He is not just a heavenly source for material needs and possessions, that is not the fundamental care in his heart for us. Luke 12: 15. “And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man’s life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.”
His care his primarily for the salvation of our souls and our eternity with him. Yes. He cares about what happens to us spirit, soul and body.
He remains the good Shepherd, he could not leave us without guide and alone. He gave us His Holy Spirit
We are the sheep of His pasture – Psalm 100: 3. “Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.”
Matthew 28: 20b. “and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
Do you believe Jesus cares about You? Share your thoughts! Shalom